Student Scholarship Instructions
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or U. S. permanent resident. Individuals with a visitor, student or G-series visa are ineligible.
- Must be in good standing at the most recent academic institution.
- Must provide evidence of financial need on application form and in the written interview.
- Scholarships are awarded in an objective and non-discriminatory basis.
- Required Activities
- Completed application will be submitted via application page.
- Letter of recommendation from school instructor; work/volunteer supervisor; or medical/fire EMS professional.
- Possible interview
- Directions for Essay
Essay must not exceed 500 words. Your responses must be in 12-point font. Number your responses and answer each of the following questions:
- What is your reason for entering paramedic school?
- What are your career goals?
- What is the status of your financial need?
- Why should you receive this scholarship? (Can include information regarding awards, activities, special circumstances, etc.)
- Describe work experience.
- Application Deadline
Completed applications for the FAHEE Scholarship Program must be submitted 14 days prior to the end of the of didactic portion of the program you are enrolled in.
- Selection and Notification Process
Applicants are not guaranteed a scholarship but may reapply for the next class if eligible. Recipients can only be awarded one scholarship. Recipients will be notified via email or phone after the Board reviews and makes a decision on the submitted application.
- Distribution of Award
This is a tuition only scholarship, and will be paid directly to the academic institute. If you disenroll or drop the program, the balance of the award will be forfeited and returned to by the academic institution to the grantor, FAHEE.
- How to Submit Your Application
- Complete all areas of the application. Your application will receive 0 points for each blank section. If your answer is zero, write in “O,” rather than leaving it blank.
- Attach your required documents (Essay and Recommendation Letter) as attachments to the application.
- Only one essay and one evaluation form will be reviewed per applicant.
- Do not submit additional documents; they will not be reviewed.
- If your application and attachments are not submitted 14 days prior to the end of the didactic portion of the program you are enrolled in, your application will be disqualified
- For all other inquires, Program mailing address is:
FAHEE Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 21894
El Cajon, CA 92071